The Booking System
Through the Service, Professional Users gain access to a web-based platform where Customers can make bookings and cancellations in relation to the Professional User’s treatments (”the Booking System”). The Booking System makes it possible for the Professional User to gain an overview of booked appointments and available times.
Booking and cancellation
Via the Booking System, Customers who use the Service are able to book appointments for beauty-related services and treatments provided by Professional Users of the Service. Bookings made by Customers are then available to the Professional User via the Professional User’s user account. It is the responsibility of the Professional User to maintain an overview of their bookings and cancellations and to keep the Booking System up to date. Unless otherwise agreed, Customers may cancel treatments without a cancellation fee up to 24 hours prior to the appointment.* If the Customer cancels a treatment less than 24 hours prior to the appointment, the Customer will be charged 100% of the total fee for the appointment. It is the responsibility of the Professional User to notify the Customer if the Professional User needs to cancel the Customer’s appointment. It is the Professional User who is liable for any damages, direct and indirect costs, and other claims arising due to the fact that the Professional User has cancelled an appointment or has in some other way been responsible for failure to perform the treatment booked by the Customer. This is further clarified below under the section entitled “Cancellation fee”. However, please note that if, as a Customer, you have chosen to use Klarna for payment of your treatment in connection with your booking, you should instead contact us at Dashl directly in relation to any issues regarding a booking or cancellation. We at Dashl will also contact you if the salon or the Professional User needs to cancel a booked appointment for a treatment. * For package bookings, company bookings and wedding bookings, the Customer must cancel the booking at least 14 days prior to the date of the booked treatment in order to receive a full refund.
User Account and User Profile
Your User Profile
In order to ensure that our Users are able to derive the greatest possible benefit from the Service, it is necessary for Professional Users to provide the following information in their User Profile:
- information about the Professional User and their business, such as company name, corporate ID number, website, contact details and address;
- information about the beauty-related services and treatments they provide;
- other information that must be provided pursuant to applicable law or may otherwise be relevant for Customers.
Obligations and guarantees on the part of Professional Users
As a Professional User of the Service, you guarantee that:
- you possess all necessary and relevant permits and licenses required to provide the treatments and services you offer, in accordance with applicable regulations at any given time;
- all services and treatments are performed in a professional manner and in accordance with applicable regulations at any given time;
Penalties/sanctions for Professional Users due to cancellation of Customer bookings
If a Professional User needs to cancel a Customer booking, the Professional User shall contact the Customer and move the Customer’s appointment to another date and time that suits both the Customer and the Professional User. The Professional User shall also contact Dashl to see if there is another stylist available who can help the Customer on the agreed date and time. If it is not possible to rearrange the Customer’s booking in this manner, the Customer’s appointment must be cancelled. As a cancellation could impact the Customer’s plans and also affects credibility within Dashl’s community, the following penalties/sanctions are applied in connection with a cancellation:
Dashl may refrain from charging the cancellation fee, depending on how many times the Professional User has already cancelled a Customer booking. Otherwise, the following fee will be deducted from the next payment made to the Professional User following a cancellation. The size of the fee to be deducted depends on when the Professional User approved the booking, and how soon thereafter the Customer’s booking was cancelled.
- If the booking is cancelled more than 7 days prior to the appointment, Dashl will deduct a fee of SEK 250 from the next payment made to the Professional User.
- If the booking is cancelled less than 7 days prior to the appointment, Dashl will deduct a fee of SEK 500 from the next payment made to the Professional User.
Suspension of account
If the Professional User has cancelled 3 bookings within the space of one year, Dashl has the right to suspend their account. This means that the Professional User will not appear in the search results for searches performed by Customers on Dashl.se, and that the Professional User’s calendar will remain blocked for 3 months.
Intellectual property rights
Your use of the Service
We do not want the Service to be used for any purpose other than the purpose for which it is intended. Your use of the Service may only take place in accordance with the intended purpose of the Service, as described above. Please do not use the Service if you do not accept this stipulation.
Messages to other Users within the Service
In the Service, you can upload content such as images, videos, descriptions, messages and photographs (”User-generated Material”). The User-generated Material you upload in the Service must be free from logos, names and other identifiers. You are responsible for all User-generated Material that you upload on the Website, and you are aware that such material will be made available on the Website. You accept and guarantee that you will not publish, publicise, transfer, distribute or upload User-generated Material on the Website and/or to the Service which:
- is inaccurate, misleading, untrue or incorrect;
- promotes or encourages illegal activity;
- is racist or ethnically offensive and/or constitutes agitation against a minority (such as a national or ethnic group);
- constitutes defamation, contains pornography or is in some other way sexually offensive;
- constitutes an attack against a certain sexual orientation or religion, or is in some other way discriminatory;
- constitutes insult or persecution of a person;
- is in some way derogatory, slanderous, offensive or illegal, or constitutes infringement of a third party’s intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyright and trademarks); or
- is otherwise in violation of the intended purposes of the Service.
- use the Website and/or the Service to transfer or upload files or other content containing viruses, trojans, corrupted data, malware or other programs that could damage computers or other property;
- use the Website and/or the Service to defame, harass, threaten or discriminate against another person, or in some other way violate another person’s rights;
- distribute or reproduce all or parts of the Website and/or the Service;
- change, deconstruct or decompile any part of the Website and/or the Service, unless this is explicitly permitted pursuant to mandatory legislation;
- use software that reads data from the Website and/or the Service automatically;
- misuse or abuse the Website and/or the Service, or use the Website and/or the Service for some illicit or unauthorised purpose (which includes the forwarding of a computer virus through the Website, or the use of the Website and/or the Service in a manner that violates or constitutes an infringement of another person’s rights).
Marketing by Professional Users
As a Professional User, the Service allows you to share and display information about, and special offers regarding purchases of the beauty-related services you provide (”User Offers” or ”Offer”). User Offers must comply with the requirements we impose on all User-generated Material and must also comply with the following requirements:
- your Offer must not contain any incorrect, deliberately omitted or misleading information regarding the services you are offering. Furthermore, the information you provide must be clear and understandable, and must not be ambiguous;
- price information regarding your Offer must be clear, correct and complete; your Offer must not copy or plagiarise the characteristics of other known and distinctive products or stylists;
- you must not compare your Offer with another party’s products or services, unless this is justified and is done in a manner that is in accordance with good marketing customs and practices; and
- your Offer must not in any other way constitute a violation of good marketing customs and practices.
Our principles regarding User-generated Material and User Offers
Intellectual Property Rights regarding User-generated Material
The right of ownership in relation to all User-generated Material belongs to you, or to the third party that owns the intellectual property rights regarding such User-generated Material. You hereby grant us a worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, free-of-charge and transferable right to possess, process, amend, store, publish, distribute, stream, transfer, play, recode, copy, present, display and otherwise use User-generated Material to provide and market the Service, or any of our other existing or future products or other services. You guarantee that you own or possess all necessary rights to display and upload User-generated Material, to use User-generated Material in other ways, and to grant us a license to User-generated Material in accordance with the above. By uploading User-generated Material to the Service, you renounce all moral rights which you may have to such User-generated Material in relation to our use of it, including the right to be named when we use the User-generated Material within the framework for the Service, in collaboration with distribution partners or for marketing purposes, in all media and in all countries. Furthermore, you guarantee that any third parties who may own or possess moral rights to User-generated Material (for example, photographers hired by you to take pictures) have renounced all moral rights to the User-generated Material.
We will strive to ensure that the Service and our Professional Users are marketed in the best possible manner. For marketing purposes, you, as a Professional User, give us the right to use your name and company name or other identifiers as a reference and in marketing of the Service, or any of our other existing or future products or other services, irrespective of media. By uploading User-generated Material containing your name or image in the Service, you, as a Customer or Professional User, consent to our use of your name and your image for marketing purposes. Pursuant to the Swedish Act on Names and Pictures in Advertising (1978:800), Users who upload User-generated Material to the Service undertake to ensure that, in relation to any such User-generated Material containing the name or image of an identifiable person, consent has been obtained from the identifiable person to use their name and image for marketing purposes. By joining the Service, Professional Users undertake to contribute to the production and provision of images and videos for the Service in connection with bookings made and performed through the Service. Professional Users have a responsibility in relation to Dashl AB to tag @dashl.se or refer to dashl.se in connection with the dissemination of images and videos produced in conjunction with Customer bookings made and performed via the Service. Professional Users shall transfer the intellectual property rights relating to all copies of images and videos produced in conjunction with bookings made and performed via the Service. Dashl AB has the right to produce images and videos relating to Customers who make a booking via the Service, and to publish such images and videos in our channels.
Customers do not pay for their use of the Service. Treatments that are booked through the Service must be paid for and booked within the Service. Within the framework for the Service, we undertake, on behalf of Users, to facilitate and monitor payment for bookings of treatments. For each transaction that is transacted via the Service, we charge the Professional User a transaction fee in accordance with the applicable price list at any given time. The applicable price list is available to the Professional User via their User Account. As a Customer, you have the choice of different methods of payment when paying for your treatment in connection with your booking. You may pay in advance with a credit or debit card, or you may use Klarna’s payment service. If, as a Customer, you have chosen to pay in advance with a credit or debit card, you are responsible for such payment in relation to the relevant Professional User, and the Professional User is ultimately responsible in relation to you as the Customer with regard to issues relating to booking, cancellation and complaints. If, as a Customer, you have instead chosen to use Klarna as your payment method, you are responsible for such payment in relation to Dashl, and Dashl is ultimately responsible in relation to you as the Customer with regard to issues relating to booking, cancellation and complaints. The Customer must make advance payment or payment via Klarna in connection with their booking. Every 14 days, we will send a statement of account to the Professional User and will process the payment (after deduction of transaction fees) to the Professional User. If a Customer cancels a booking made through the Service at least 24 hours prior to the appointment, we reserve the right to refund the entire payment amount to the Customer.
Complaints must be submitted within 5 days of the visit. In connection with a Customer complaint, it is obligatory to make a personal visit to the Beauty Bar or, alternatively, to the salon or the professional practitioner who has performed the treatment, so that an assessment can be performed. Alternatively, you can send an image via email to email@example.com. We follow the guidelines of ARN (the Swedish National Board for Consumer Disputes) in relation to all Customer complaints, and you will be offered possible dates and times for corrective treatment within one week. No refunds will be paid regardless.
It is your own responsibility to ensure that you have access to the network that is required in order to be able to use the Service. Costs may arise for e.g. transfer of data and messaging services. We are not responsible or liable for these costs. Furthermore, it is your own responsibility to obtain and update the hardware and/or software that is required in order to gain access to the Service.
Processing of personal data
We process personal data that we receive or obtain in connection with use of the Service. Personal data is processed in accordance with our applicable Personal Data Policy at any given time (available here).
All Professional Users accept and guarantee to abide by a duty of confidentiality, as information of a confidential nature may be provided or made available by the Customer or the Service. Confidential information is any information about the Service or the Customer, regardless of the type of information, which may be provided or made available during the collaboration between the parties, with regard to knowledge, business secrets or other information about each party to the contract, regardless of the type of information, where disclosure of such information could cause harm or damage to the company or one of the Customers. Professional Users may not disclose confidential information to third parties, such as individuals, companies, authorities, agencies or organisations. Information that is a matter of public knowledge, or information that the parties to the contract already know about each other prior to commencement of the collaboration, is not deemed to be confidential information.
Evaluation of Professional Users
We have the right to contact Customers regularly for the purpose of following up and evaluating beauty-related services and treatments performed by Professional Users, and to check the quality of the services provided and the experience of the Customer. As a Professional User, you hereby approve that the Customer, after completion of a treatment, has the right to evaluate, comment on and rate the treatment that has been performed, and that such information will be made available to other Users on the Website.
Limitation of liability
- if the Professional User changes the nature or focus of its business activities to something other than the types of beauty-related services or treatments we wish to provide through the Service;
- if the Professional User receives recurring negative reviews in the regular evaluations and checks we perform of the Professional User’s beauty-related services or treatments; or
- if the Professional User does not offer a sufficient number of available times for booking through the Service to make their participation in the Service relevant.